Creating an Abundance Mindset can be a vital part of the mix when considering a career change, reaching more of your true potential or simply wanting to live more prosperously and joyfully. Even if you have full clarity on where you’re headed and a water-tight plan in place, it’s important to make sure you’re not blocking your flow. As we will discover in this the 6th Spiritual Coaching Foundation, experiencing abundance (or the opposite) is very much an inside job!
What is an Abundance Mindset?
Dictionary definitions of the word abundance refer to ‘an ample quantity’, ‘more than enough’, ‘an extremely plentiful or over-sufficient quantity’. From a spiritual perspective, having an Abundance Mindset refers to the feeling and the belief of always having enough and connecting to the source of that abundance or the ‘flow’. It is experienced as a feeling of expansiveness and lightness in the body.
Whilst much of the context for abundance is around money, I want to acknowledge how the mindset of abundance can also encompass other things such as:
- Friends and family
- Nature (the birds, the trees, the sea)
- Things we might take for granted such as sunshine, oxygen, water
True abundance is acknowledging everything around us and feeling it from within. As such, we can all experience a feeling of abundance right now, even if we don’t have the amount of money or outer stuff we desire.
How an Abundance Mindset can support you in your working life
1. It can give you the confidence and courage to make a career change into something which aligns more with your purpose – having the sense that you will be provided for by the source of all
2. Instead of worrying about sales or competition, it can enable you to focus your energy on your magic, your genius and enjoying your work – which in turn will help you create more impact
3. It can help you feel more relaxed and at ease about money which in turn can raise your vibration so that you become more of an attracting force for what you want
4. It can help you reach your true potential and feel more fulfilled and nourished by connecting to the Universal flow
The source of abundance
If you’re on a spiritual path, you will perhaps already have acknowledged that the Universe is abundant. Part of the Abundance Mindset is about connecting with the abundant Universe and, crucially, recognising it as the true source of everything – be that money, jobs, people or opportunities (as well as being the source of everything in nature – the sun, the sky, the stars, the ocean).
With an Abundance Mindset, you tap into the flow of the Universe, knowing that everything you want already exists. With this mindset, you then trust that there is enough to go around and that you will be provided for. You can use your Higher Self to connect with this flow.
Are you in a Scarcity Mindset?
Conversely, it can be helpful to recognise the opposite to an abundance mindset so you know what to look out for and can make a choice to change it. Scarcity Mindset is a feeling or a belief in lack, that things (money, people, jobs, resources) are finite, and that there is not enough to go around. This is often accompanied by a feeling of tightness and constraint in the body.
There are many ways in which you might be applying a Scarcity Mindset in your work or your life right now. For instance, are you:
- Saving an excessive amount of money for a rainy day or your worst case scenario fund?
- Feeling constantly in a state of lack and wanting?
- Depriving yourself of things you want even though you can afford them?
- Devaluing yourself at work or in your business (e.g. accepting a low salary or low fees)?
- Often saying or thinking how you can’t afford something?
- Drawn into conversations about how expensive things are?
- Feeling fearful of any competition at work or within your business?
- Believing that being wealthy is only for other people?
The first step of change is simply to start to become aware of when you are applying this Scarcity Mindset.
The source of scarcity
If the source of abundance is the Universe and accessed through the Higher Self, then the source of scarcity is the Ego Self. The Ego Self operates often with good intention (such as trying to protect you from loss or not being able to make ends meet) but it is always based on fear and, as such, emits a very low vibration which is not conducive to attracting what you want. You might choose to use Scarcity Mindset to support you in highlighting and releasing the grip of the ego.
How a Scarcity Mindset can impact you
Again, what is showing up for you in your life and career may simply be mirroring back to you your energy and your beliefs about money and abundance. There are many ways in which scarcity mindset might be showing up for you right now, for instance:
- Not getting paid what you are worth
- Feeling like you’re stagnating or have hit a ceiling in your earnings
- Holding yourself back from making a career change because you worry there aren’t enough jobs, clients or income earning opportunities out there
- Depriving yourself of an opportunity to grow and develop (such as investing in a course or qualification)
We will take a look at some ideas to help you move from a Scarcity Mindset into an Abundance Mindset.
4 Ways to Develop an Abundance Mindset
1. Reframe any limiting money beliefs
Identify the money belief which has held you back the most and reframe it into an abundance affirmation. Repeat it at least 10 times each day as part of your daily spiritual practice.
2. Visualise receiving your abundance
Imagine exactly what you would do with more abundance – be that a holiday, opening your own business or giving more to others. Create a vision board and use it to feel the excitement of having it now.
3. Immerse yourself in nature
Spend time in nature and immerse yourself in the abundance which surrounds you. Notice the amount of trees, leaves, birds or water which nature provides. Connect with that abundant energy.
4. Make gratitude a regular practice
Gratitude is the simplest and quickest way to tap into your abundance. Give thanks for all that you already have. Include things such as water, nature, health, love, your family, your home.
I hope that THIS LOOK AT ABUNDANCE HAS RESONATED WITH YOU AND THAT YOU GIVE SOME OF THESE PRACTICES A GO. THIS REALLY IS A GAME-CHANGER AND CAN UNLOCK SO MUCH MORE HAPPINESS AND PROSPERITY FOR YOU BOTH WITHIN AND OUTSIDE OF YOUR CAREER.
here's to your ABUNDANCE...
Hello, I'm Rebecca
Career Coach for people on a spiritual path
I support mid-career professionals who are ready to make a career change, launch into a more purpose-led career or business or simply enjoy a more fulfilling or balanced working life.
I believe that we all have a purpose here on earth and that life is too short to be stressed, unfulfilled and playing small.