Are you feeling stuck at a crossroads and looking to get clarity on your current work or life situation? If so, I want to share a little secret with you...
True clarity cannot be found in a busy mind.
For answers and intuitive guidance to emerge, they need space. Headspace (and physical space – but that’s for another time). This means going beyond your thinking mind and stopping ‘grasping’ for answers.
I know from my conversations with clients who feel stuck at a crossroads (and from personal experience), just how much overthinking goes on. And it can be debilitating. But there is another way.
And that way is to disconnect from your thinking mind and from the daily distractions and the demands of clients, colleagues and even family. Disconnecting could mean:
- simply switching off for a couple of hours after your working day
- taking a trip somewhere or
- going on a full blown career break
Whilst it may seem counter-intuitive to disconnect (as we are only really taught to figure things out through our rational mind), it can be a powerful way to open up to greater clarity by allowing us to actually hear our intuition’s guidance and whispers.
With headspace, we recalibrate and reprioritise. With headspace, it becomes obvious to us what we need to do and where we need to focus our efforts. In short, we reconnect with what is truly important to us; to our True Self.
Not only this, but disconnecting helps to slow down our nervous systems and raise our vibration which, in turn, puts us in a better position to attract what it is we want.
My coaching questions and tips
To begin the process of disconnection, start by asking yourself 3 simple questions:
- What are you searching for clarity on or feeling stuck with right now?
- How much have you perhaps been overthinking or grasping for the answers?
- What one simple action you could take in this next week to help you disconnect?
There are a number of ways you can disconnect, but one of the most effective and easiest to access is meditation. This simple process can allow you to disconnect and to reconnect to your True Self and to the guidance of the Universe.
If you don’t already have a meditation practice, here are a few pointers to get you started, which you can then build up over time:
- Either keep your eyes open and softly gaze at an object in front of you (such as a candle) or close them so that you can go within
- Focus on your breathing and follow it in and out, noticing any sensations
- Scan your body from head to toe and consciously relax every muscle as you do
- Be fully present by using your senses to become aware of any sounds, smells etc
- If your mind wanders, gently bring it back to your breathing (and celebrate this awareness rather than getting annoyed)
- Let go of any expectations or concerns whether you’re doing it right – just trust in the power and simplicity of this practice
Hello, I'm Rebecca
Career Coach for people on a spiritual path
I support mid-career professionals who are ready to make a career change, launch into a more purpose-led career or business or simply enjoy a more fulfilling or balanced working life.
I believe that we all have a purpose here on earth and that life is too short to be stressed, unfulfilled and playing small.